Designing for Cash App
Summer 2019 Product Design Internship

During the Summer of 2019, I was given the opportunity to intern at Cash App in the New York City office. From this experience, I was not only able to receive mentorship from great designers, but also given the autonomy to design important features within two different Cash App work streams: the Ecosystems work stream and the Boosts work stream. The internship provided me with insight on how to participate in design critiques, a better understanding of the collaboration required between designers and different disciplines, and helped me build my confidence as a designer. My biggest takeaway from this experience was a renewed excitement towards product design and a realization of my weaknesses as a designer (especially within a company setting) and how to improve on those weaknesses. Unfortunately, I cannot publish a lot of the designs that I worked on as those features have not yet been released to the public; but if you want to hear about my experience, feel free to reach out to me!

Ecosystems Project Logistics
  • Project Duration: 6 Weeks
  • Product Feature Design
  • Team: Ecosystems Workstream
  • Role: Product Designer
  • Tools: Figma, Principle

The Ecosystems project was the first feature I worked on during my internship at Cash App. This project was more UI/UX intensive, resulting in a very iterative process to designing. During this time, I collaborate with other designers to u. Something new that I experienced was designing for both a base level "V1" while also thinking about how the feature could and should evolve for the future. The biggest takeaway that I learned from working on this project is to discuss my process early and often.

Boosts Project Logistics
  • Project Duration: 5 Weeks
  • Product Feature Design
  • Team: Boosts Workstream
  • Role: Product Designer
  • Tools: Figma, Principle

The second project I worked on was within the Boost workstream. This project required less actual pixel pushing and required more work on designing a system as to how a feature should function. From working on this project, I realized how important it was to take initiative with reaching out to PMs and engineers who could provide better context with the feature I was working on. Additionally, this project really challenged me to think more in-depth about edge cases and how to design for them.

Card image

Navigating New Student Orientation

Read the Google Design Challenge Case Study